Wednesday 23 May 2012

I originally started with using autonomous as the subject. Using people and to show that people are all different in their own ways. My photoshoot wasn't very successful, as the people I asked if I could photograph weren't that willing. So i struggled to use people within my photography. I then looked at my contact sheet of thirty six photographs and assessed the good and bad ones. I then decided I really quite liked a picture I had taken, were the photograph appeared layered. I then decided to use this picture and take it even further. I then took the idea of layering and drew my own picture of Kurt Cobain and then had another page were i wrote quotes from the artist, I then ripped round the first picture and stuck it onto the quotes, I scanned it into the computer and change the contrast and used some filters on it, I wanted to try out layering myself. I then took the image i really liked from my first photoshoot and turned it into a GIF. I went about this by, putting the image into photoshop and saving the picture separately in various different colours and then putting them all into GIF maker. I really liked this and the colours that were used in it, it really brought the picture to life and made it that little bit more interesting. Going back to layering I decided to research into some layering photography and there are examples of the pictures I liked the most on my blog. I like how the words layered the original image and how the words fitted with the picture. There are other pictures there too, which i really liked, especially the one were there is a burnt paper look onto of the picture. So i took both the burnt paper look and the writing layer into consideration and applied it to my chosen image. This was my base for the inspiration of my final images. I found a parchment on google and dragged this into google and put it over the original image this gave it a vintage effect, which i really liked. I took this even further by using the burn tool and burning the edges of the picture. I then wrote some words that i thought fitted well and blended them into the picture too.  I thought of things to do with either Liverpool or England, like the Chinese train picture. I blended a Beatles into the sky of the picture, i thought this was very sutle but good, being such a famous picture, you don't even need the top half of it to recognise it. I then but the railway system on Liverpool into the pants of the picture aswell and a taxi and stop sign. I thought they all really worked well and i'm happy with the outcome of my final piece. I didn't even think i would end up with something like this, the example of trial and error has really worked for my benefit with the outcome i feel being really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment